1. “When I go home people’ll ask me, ‘Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?’ You know what I’ll say? I won’t say a word. Why? They won’t understand. They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is.” – Hoot, Black Hawk Down
2. “When one man says to another, ‘I know what let’s do today, let’s play the war game’…everybody dies.” – Major General Sosabowski, A Bridge Too Far
3. “If I say its safe to surf this beach, Captain, then its safe to surf this beach!” – Lt. Colonel Kilgore, Apocalypse Now
4. “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.” – Admiral Yamamoto, Tora! Tora! Tora!
5. “What’s the best way to go about disarming one of these things?” – “The way you don’t die, sir.” – Colonel Reed and Sgt. 1st Class James, The Hurt Locker